- Dixie State University will host a community town hall meeting as the university begins to develop a new strategic plan. The meeting, which is free and open for all to attend, will be held on Thursday, December 4, from 6-8 p.m., in the Zion Room (Room 537) of the DSU Holland Centennial Commons.
- Dixie State University will host its third President's Colleagues of DSU meeting of the 2014-15 academic year on Monday, December 1, featuring a presentation entitled "Russia, Ukraine and the West: A New Cold War?," by colleague Dr. Slava Lubomudrov.
- With the holiday season soon to be upon us, and in celebration of the 2014 Day of Caring, Dixie State University students, faculty, and staff are teaming up with United Way Dixie and the SwitchPoint Community Resource Center for a special food-packing event on Monday, December 1. The event will take place from 4-7 p.m., at the DSU Gardner Center Ballroom.
- Students in Dixie State University's Finance Club took home top honors at a statewide competition held at the University of Utah this past November 6-7.
- Dixie State University's Udvar-Hazy School of Business will continues its bi-monthly Business and Ethics Forum series for the 2014-15 academic year next Thursday, November 20, at 12 noon, featuring a presentation on avoiding the pitfalls of running a business by Paul McMullin, national sales manager of Conduit Repair Systems, Inc.
- Learn about one artist's creative process as J. Kirk Richards presents "Fine Art Painting and Sculpture" at Dixie State University's "Dixie Forum: A Window on the World" series. Richards will speak from noon to 12:50 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 18, in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus. Admission is free, and all community members and DSU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend.
- Dixie State Athletics is seeking performers to sing the national anthem at several upcoming home athletic contests. DSU is interested in utilizing the local talents of individuals and groups of all ages to perform the national anthem at men's and women's basketball, baseball and women's softball games.
- Combining his love for rock ‘n' roll with his academic training of studying human society, Dixie State University Professor of Sociology Matthew Smith-Lahrman is releasing a book this month that explores the lyrics of the band Meat Puppets.
- Dixie State University was recently awarded a $50,000 "Step Up" grant from the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) for the purpose of improving college readiness for high school students, particularly students in the Washington County School District (WCSD). In partnership with WCSD, DSU will use the monies in an effort to prepare more students for college by encouraging them to enroll for a fourth year of high school mathematics.
- Dixie State University's Dental Hygiene program will hold a special "Sealant Saturday" community service event this Saturday, November 8, from 9 a.m.-12 noon, at the Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic. The clinic is on the first floor of the DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, located on the Dixie Regional Medical Center's River Road campus at 1526 East Medical Center Drive.